Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > eM: the Gathering - Official Thread (1, 2, ... 6, 7)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Foretel

Quote: "Dude! We could sooooo make drafting a drinking game! ... Like, if you draft a card, then you've gotta drink!"
- Me

eM eM: the Gathering - Official Thread 6/11/2004 1:27:13 AM

What is it?
A chance for eM members to finally meet in person and spend a weekend doing what we all love most - playing Magic! Think of it as a sort of GenCon or Dragon*Con - but for eM members only.

Where is it?
San Antonio, Texas -- my house to be more specific. It wasn't my idea, but enough people seemed to like it that I went along. The good thing about it being at my house is you don't have to pay for a hotel room or food or anything. Just bring some camping gear and pitch a tent in my back yard or drop a sleeping bag on my living room floor and you're set!

I only ask that you all try not to tear my house up too much. If you do, Nicole won't be happy, and when Nicole ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Keep in mind that she makes boys cry for a living.

When is it?
Friday, July 9th through Sunday, July 11th. You can arrive any time you want on Friday, but it would be really cool if everybody got there by 5:00 P.M. or so, because then we could make it to Friday Night Magic at Gamelot (one of the local game stores).

Why are you doing this?
Because Rebel came up with the idea and everyone thought it was hella cool.

How much does it cost?
You're responsible for getting yourself to San Antonio and back home, but other than that, there's no cost. Of course, you should probably bring some money anyway -- you know, just in case we run out of bean dip or something.

Who's gonna' be there?
Foretel (obviously)
Kai Briggs
kemykal
mononoke86
TackledJesus
Malvar
Viperdude
Rebel

The following people are coming, but have not given me their info:
dragonlair

What do I need to bring?
Clothes, camping gear, and, of course, a few dozen Magic decks. And, just in case we get tired of playing Magic (blasphemy, I know), it couldn't hurt to bring some DVDs, video games, and anything else that may be entertaining. If we really get bored, we can just play football with one of my dogs. They make the funniest noise when you punt them. Happy

What do I need to do to come?
First, let me know! I need to get an idea of how many people will be in my house, so if you plan on coming, send me an email with all the information listed below: And yes, I am serious about the last two. I want to cover my a$$ in case anything happens.

1) Your username (so I know who you are)
2) Your age
3) The name & phone number of someone I can call in case of an emergency
4) A list of anything you are allergic to (bee stings, penicillin, etc.)

Also let me know if your parents need my contact information (it makes parents feel better), and I'll be glad to provide it.

Things to keep in mind
1) Texas is really freaking hot in July - I'm talking like 90 degrees in the shade - so dress appropriately.
2) I live in a suburb, so we'll have to follow a few rules (keep the noise down at night, don't block the street, etc.)
3) I'm a really terrible Magic player, so be sure to let me win a game every now and then.

Directions
Whether you're coming from the Airport or driving in (from any direction), the directions are basically the same - just get on Highway 410 and take it to the northwest side of town. Just follow the signs to Sea World and take exit 9A (the Sea World exit) and head West on Highway 151, but don't actually get on Highway 151, just stay on the frontage road. After a couple intersections, you'll see Potranco Road. Turn Left on Potranco and follow it for about two miles. Almost immediately after the fourth traffic light, turn Right into the Sierra Springs subdivision (Granite Cliff Road). Follow this road until it dead-ends into Tiger Paw, and then turn Left onto Tiger Paw. After a few blocks, you'll reach the intersection of Tiger Paw and Diamond Falls. My house is right at this intersection. The address is 10527 Tiger Paw.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

greenmaster
Bug Hunter

Quote: "Yet held it more humane, more heav'nly first
By winning words to conquer willing hearts,
And make persuasion do the work of fear;"
-Milton, Paradise Regained

Random Comment 6/11/2004 2:00:32 AM

i WISH i could come, but first i am in the UK, so flights=big expensive thing, and my parents would not approve of me jetting halfway across the world to meet people who i only know via the internet, and also i have a big pissup on the 9th. so, sorry, i would if i could, but realistically i couldn't possibly make it.

http://www.yoxio.com/images.php?id=24904
AIM=greenmaster086

Viperdude

Quote: "I think you're confusing ninjas with jesus." - TackledJesus

"Shut the **** up, we're almost on God's block." - TackledJesus

Aim:
dsotm91
Email: panamon.creel@gmail.com

Random Comment 6/11/2004 2:07:34 AM

Hey Foretel, I'll be coming but I don't feel like sending you an email now.

If you want to find out what's behind these cold eyes, you'll just have to claw your way through this disguise.

Rebel7284
ModeratorGuru

Quote: Yeah, i'm better than him at spelling :) ~dragonlair

so mono is a girl.Girls slap.
hehe mono a girly girl. ~dragonlair

The Lord works in mysterious ways, and is a svg virus writer. ~greenmaster

Has anyone ever told you that you sound like a fortune cookie? ~MagDragon89

AIM: Rebel7284

Happy Random Comment 6/11/2004 2:50:52 AM

there is a chance that angryinlace may not make it, thus does anyone else on the east coast have a car that can pick up a few other members?

My trading thread
The Legends of EM

vilbe

Quote: IV/XX The Offical eM Herbal Beneficary Sir Vilbe Lord of [dish soap] Sustainer of the Keg Garden http://www.thedamagedone.org

Random Comment 6/11/2004 2:54:14 AM

you know...if only gas weren't so expensive...and i wasn't finacially drained from school/moving/and things of that sort....i could manage to swing to this before the migration to california..Sad

mononoke86

Quote: [none]

Random Comment 6/11/2004 3:02:48 AM

*after showing this thread to my mother*

Her: How are you going to afford a plane ticket?
Me: I'm driving?
Her: You can drive that far?
Me: Yeah, plus I'm carpooling with someone else. He has a license.
Her: Wait, who said you could take that car?
Me: It's OK, I'm a better driver than you think.Happy
Her: Right... (exits)

Anyone have an idea of how long it'll take to drive from the Bay Area to San Antonio?

"Can't we all just... aw, f*ck it." - Perplext

kemykal

Quote: [dish soap]ing from noon to noon.

Sir Kemykal
Knight of [dish soap]
Smoker of
B!tches

We're too disfunctional to manage [a bachelorette party] anyway. It would turn out to be some sort of drunken orgy instead, and kemykal would end it with his catastrophy-inducing penis.
-spike109u

Random Comment 6/11/2004 5:12:04 AM

@vilbe: im pretty sure anyone you give a ride to would be willing to give gas money, esspecially if you pick up several people.

@mono: this is Mapquest's estimate. 26 hours. damn, maybe you should fly.

oEYE SMITE U!!!

Caelestis

Quote: Ken wa kyouki, kenjutsu wa satsujin - jutsu. Donna kireigotoya odaimoku wo kuchi ni shi-te mo. Sore ga shinjitsu.

Random Comment 6/11/2004 5:21:16 AM

GM, you can always try to sail across the Pacific and hitchhike your way across. Granted, if you want to do that, you might have wanted to start a year earlier...

Humpus Wumpus

Quote: "Get a life? I'm a gamer, I have thousands of lives!"

Random Comment 6/11/2004 5:21:42 AM

Whoa, Foretel lives in the same area as the Tekno Turtles. If you see any Turtles, tell them hi for Stanley the Beaver, please. Happy

---
Cloud: Hey! You burned down my town!
Sephiroth: It's ok, I had Subway!

RatBoy

Random Comment 6/11/2004 5:23:03 AM

mono, could i possiblyu carpool with you? =P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My current rodent obsession is: Voles
fear me for i am the Vampire Bat Boy in an all white deck *roar*. . . FlapFlap

mononoke86

Random Comment 6/11/2004 5:42:45 AM

@Kemy: That is pretty bad, but between two drivers I don't think it'll be h*ll. I've got my 20gig mp3 player plus the hookups to play it thru my car speakers. It gets me where I need to go. Plus I really, really want to have a car while I'm there. I actually enjoy doing errands and stuff. Don't mind picking up that bean dip.Happy

@Ratboy: it wouldn't make sense for you to get a ride from anyone but me. But be honest, your parents would never let you go.

angryinlace

Quote: then God would have to file Chapter 13 bankruptcy and the meek wont inherit sh*t.
~kemykal

Learning a language is harder than deepthroating.
~Rebel7284

I use HTML, not Linux. ~childoftheskwerl
You lose at everything. ~Genocide Heart

Random Comment 6/11/2004 6:12:31 AM

Dima, you have ridden in my car. you know that sucker's not going to make it to San Antonio.....
(after much reluctance, I have admitted to myself that I am most likely not going due to financial incapabilities....)

~j

mononoke86

Random Comment 6/11/2004 6:23:34 AM

(after much reluctance, I have admitted to myself that I am most likely not going due to financial incapabilities....)

**** that. Make Rebel help.

kemykal

Quote: [dish soap]ing from noon to noon.

Sir Kemykal
Knight of [dish soap]
Smoker of
B!tches

We're too disfunctional to manage [a bachelorette party] anyway. It would turn out to be some sort of drunken orgy instead, and kemykal would end it with his catastrophy-inducing penis.
-spike109u

Random Comment 6/11/2004 7:09:40 AM

make sure your air conditioning works well. a 26 hour drive through that part of the country will bake you.

i agree with Mononoke. Rebel covers gas and refreshments and you should be set. here is your Mapquest estimate. see, its shorter than Mono's. so you have no excuse. you must, or you suck. =P

oEYE SMITE U!!!

cheeken

Quote: A limerick:
There once was a mallard named Arno
whose friend crashed into a window,
so he picked up his feathers, let loose of his teathers,
and engaged in the first cited case of homosexual necrophelia in ducks for over an hour.

Random Comment 6/11/2004 7:43:42 AM

Wow. That's a nastily long drive. At least you don't have to go through Cockburn Town (in the lower right hand corner of the map directions).

What kind of man-hater came up with that one?

105 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades