Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > Official CHK (and Asian Food) Thread...FULL VISUAL SPOILER!! (1, 2, ... 9, 10)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
shadow_breaker

Quote: "You and I have unfinnished buisness."
"Baby, you ain't kidding."
-Kiddo and Bill

"Kill the beast! Cut his throat! Spill his blood!"
-From Lord of the Flies

Random Comment 9/15/2004 5:16:58 AM

...They remade mana flare...and made it green...okay, Kamigawa is making it hard for me to choose what color I should play.

The Kirby Dance
(>")> ^( '' )^ <("<) <("<) (>")> (>")> ^( '' )^

"However, there in lies a dilemma. Because when it comes to the subject of me, I believe you are truly and utterly incapable of telling the truth, especially to me, and least of all, to yourself. And when it comes to the subject of me, I am truly and utterly incapable of believing anything you say." - Bill

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

mononoke86

Quote: [none]

Random Comment 9/15/2004 5:21:26 AM

Limited is certainly going to be interesting.

Yawgmoth's Chosen

Quote: My collection is for sale! Contact me on AIM to wheel and deal, my screenname is "Tot".

Random Comment 9/15/2004 8:00:19 PM

Right out of the boosters and into the Tooth and Nail decks.

---------
sig below
---------
Young Michael Jackson {2}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature- Human Pop Star
At the beginning of your upkeep if there are three or more boys in the room, flip Young Michael Jackson.
2/4
-----[flip]-----
Michael Jackson
Legendary Creature- Human Pervert
Michael Jackson is white.
$1,000,000: Tap target boy.
4/2

duckie

Quote: Mr. Duckie, Esquire
Advisor of [dish soap]
Attorney at LOL

"All war is based on deception."

"Hold out baits to entice your enemy, then crush him."

-Sun Tzu

Zombie: are you heading, gay?
Danaon: where dongles?

RE: Random Comment 9/15/2004 10:18:17 PM

Quoting Yawgmoth's Chosen:Right out of the boosters and into the Tooth and Nail decks.

Truthery. Depending on what the actual wording is.

Yawgmoth's Chosen

Quote: My collection is for sale! Contact me on AIM to wheel and deal, my screenname is "Tot".

Random Comment 9/16/2004 2:44:35 AM

Actual wording? You can see the card image at the official site, it was previewed today.

---------
sig below
---------
Young Michael Jackson {2}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature- Human Pop Star
At the beginning of your upkeep if there are three or more boys in the room, flip Young Michael Jackson.
2/4
-----[flip]-----
Michael Jackson
Legendary Creature- Human Pervert
Michael Jackson is white.
$1,000,000: Tap target boy.
4/2

Generals

Quote:

Random Comment 9/16/2004 3:28:35 AM

Is this block a spirit block or a legends block?
================================================

He likes it Rough.

shadow_breaker

-Kiddo and Bill

-From Lord of the Flies

RE: Random Comment 9/16/2004 5:39:59 AM

Quoting Generals:Is this block a spirit block or a legends block?

Neither and both at the same time. It's a Japanese based block, with a major theme being legends. Spirits are just a major creature type.

The Kirby Dance

"However, there in lies a dilemma. Because when it comes to the subject of me, I believe you are truly and utterly incapable of telling the truth, especially to me, and least of all, to yourself. And when it comes to the subject of me, I am truly and utterly incapable of believing anything you say." - Bill

Rebel7284
ModeratorGuru

Quote: Yeah, i'm better than him at spelling :) ~dragonlair

so mono is a girl.Girls slap.
hehe mono a girly girl. ~dragonlair

The Lord works in mysterious ways, and is a svg virus writer. ~greenmaster

Has anyone ever told you that you sound like a fortune cookie? ~MagDragon89

AIM: Rebel7284

Happy Random Comment 9/16/2004 5:49:21 AM

eh? the recurring diobolic tutor sucks.

duckie

Quote: Mr. Duckie, Esquire
Advisor of [dish soap]
Attorney at LOL

"All war is based on deception."

"Hold out baits to entice your enemy, then crush him."

-Sun Tzu

Zombie: are you heading, gay?
Danaon: where dongles?

RE: Random Comment 9/16/2004 3:53:43 PM

Quoting Yawgmoth's Chosen:Actual wording? You can see the card image at the official site, it was previewed today.

I was at school at the time, and I couldn't get to the site. IMO I'm not sure if it's worth playing, because Cloudpost Buy/Urzatron is powerful enough. Unless monogreen postless T&N comes back, which I don't see happening.

Darklightz

Quote: Are you strong enough to admit your weakness?

All your base are belong to us! 9/17/2004 1:07:46 AM

I just notice this in the MTGnews spoilers

Kami of Old Stone - {3}{W}
Creature - Spirit
"Move 'Zig'. For great justice." - Ancient carving found on tree
1/7
22/306
Uncommon

Can this one really be true?
----------------------------------------
Beware the might of commons!

shadow_breaker

-Kiddo and Bill

-From Lord of the Flies

RE: All your base are belong to us! 9/17/2004 2:36:19 AM

Quoting Darklightz:I just notice this in the MTGnews spoilers

Kami of Old Stone - {3}{W}
Creature - Spirit
"Move 'Zig'. For great justice." - Ancient carving found on tree
1/7
22/306
Uncommon

Can this one really be true?

Yes, this is real. They are really prinint this card. *sarcasm drips out my ears*

No, it's not real. The card is just vinnila, and they don't know the flavor text, so they make up funny ones.

The Kirby Dance

Dark Lumina

Quote: THE THREAD took my sanity and my soul...this one just took the time out of my everyday life...
~ Id(iot)

HOLY CRAP IS THAT A RAKE
~ Stalin

Random Comment 9/19/2004 1:14:28 AM

Whoa! On the visual spoiler, if you click on certain cards, they change to older, similar cards.
And, you can click to flip the flip cards. ^_^
Walking Nightmare <-> Mind Rot Buy
Pull Under Buy <-> Waste Away Buy
More prolly, haven't seen em yet, though. :P

*EDIT* Holy Homelands, batman. 2 arts for brothers yamakazi*/edit*
----------
My trading thread. come check it out!

Generals

Quote:

RE: Random Comment 9/19/2004 3:13:49 AM

Does this set have any power?
Any bombs?
================================================

He likes it Rough.

goblinrecruiter
ModeratorGuru

Quote: PERIOD 3: HONOR'S ENGLISH
-A sign on a high school classroom

My friend used to want to be a judge, but I taught him a little humility.

I'll never tell you what the flavor text is on Teferi's Imp!

The last sentence of my signature is false.

Random Comment 9/19/2004 5:57:16 AM

Well, I don't usually hang around the GDF, but I have a lot to say about CHK.

Stuff I like:
1. I'm glad that Wizards is still pushing White Weenie. There are at least four potentially Constructed-quality WW's in CHK. Bushi Tenderfoot is downright ridculous if you have any way to get it flipped. It might as well say "Bushi Tenderfoot gets +9/+5 as long as you have a combat trick in your deck." Okay, maybe not quite, but... well, you get the idea.
2. After white, my next favorite color in CHK is red. Ronin Houndmaster is almost a reprint of one of my favorite (note: I did not say best) red creatures, Suq'Ata Lancer Buy. The fast mana is potentially ridiculous. Desperate Ritual is a lot better than it looks - for example, it effectively makes Lava Spike cost zero, and we all know how powerful zero-cost burn to the face can get (remember Fireblast Buy?) Hanabi Blast is a cool card, although it always has the potential to be just an overcosted Shock Buy, even when the rest of your hand is three Fiery Temper Buys and three Violent Eruption Buys. Let's not forget the Ankh of Mishra Buy on a stick, either.
3. The more I look at splice, the more I like it. Many cards are unplayable because of the card disadvantage they create, but splice effectively eliminates the card disadvantage. I wouldn't play Unsummon Buy, Brain Freeze Buy, Defy Gravity Buy, or Twiddle Buy in a blue control deck, but I'd consider the splice versions of all of these. I expect a monoblue Arcane deck to become a force in Block and possibly Standard, using The Unspeakable as its win condition. All of the other colors have some pretty nice splice cards as well.
4. Instant-speed creature enchantments. These have been done before, but this time there's a twist: all of the positive ones pump power and toughness. Instant-speed power and toughness pumping makes combat tricks possible. Combat tricks generate card advantage, which cancels out the inherent card disadvantage in playing a creature enchantment. (See #1 for what else combat tricks can do.)
5. Colored mana symbols!
6. The land art! I'm surprised nobody's mentioned this yet. There isn't a single land art in CHK that I don't absolutely love. I can only honestly say that about three sets - and the other two are Legions and Fifth Dawn.

Stuff I don't like:
1. Lots of lame cards. Every set has some, of course, but many of the cards are pretty pointless. The arcane spells may have been necessary just to have enough arcane spells floating around, and I'm happy to see the new incarnations of Mana Flare Buy and Ankh of Mishra Buy, but there are way too many cards that do too little for too much.
2. No cool reprints. Onslaught block brought back Clone Buy and White Knight Buy. Mirrodin block brought back Triskelion Buy, Icy Manipulator Buy, Relic Barrier Buy, and Juggernaut Buy. The only reprint in CHK that excites me at all is Mountain Buy.
3. Is Wizards already out of ideas for multilands? The Tempest lands are IMO the third worst cycle of multilands printed, trumped only by the Ice Age depletion lands and the Homelands "wannabe filter lands".
4. No cantrips, pseudo-cantrips, quasi-pseudo-cantrips, semi-quasi-pseudo-cantrips, or demi-semi-quasi-pseudo-cantrips. No cycling, scry, or Spellbombs. No anything. Okay, okay, except for Squelch. I do wish there were just a few more cards that somehow replaced themselves.
5. Where's Sword of the Chosen Buy, now that it would actually be good?
6. White gets Bushido, blue gets "Return lands to your hand: do stuff", red gets "Stuff this damages is RFG'd if it dies", green gets "Tap stuff this damages and it doesn't untap next untap step"... what does Wizards have against black?
7. The text alignment on flip cards appears to be awful. At least try to keep it within the text box, Wizards!

Stuff I really don't care about:
1. The defender ability. Stop making such a big deal about it! It hardly changes anything!
2. The "return" of indestructibility. It really isn't that big of a deal, and I doubt any of the indestructible stuff will be played that much.

Love

The last sentence of my favorite quote is true.

150 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades