Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > ~Extended Deck Help Thread~ (1, 2, ... 13, 14)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
DrKuMi

Quote: [none]

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: ~Extended Deck Help Thread~ (1.5 Also Accepted!) 10/6/2005 9:06:49 AM

http://www.essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID=406879

http://essentialmagic.com/Decks/View.asp?ID=406883

Thank you.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

oneill90

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: ~Extended Deck Help Thread~ (1.5 Also Accepted!) 10/6/2005 7:02:15 PM

id love to help, but there are a few problems. The first is that neither deck is in the right format. Both are either vintage or legacy. Also, you didnt give an explanation as to what the problems are with the deck and which areas you want specifically tweeked. Also, are these decks casual or not?
i think that its only fair that you give us a little more info so that straight jacket and i can help you out.

{U}{W}{G} Erayo deck
My Enduring Ideal
{B}{R} Demons/Ogres Deck

Brought to u by the one and only Oneill90

Straightjacket

Quote: I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
I have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Random Comment 10/13/2005 2:33:58 PM

My apologies for being so late to reply.

I agree with Oneill, though. Please specify what you would like help with within these two decks. Otherwise, I'm in the dark here.

http://essentialmagic.com/Forums/Thread.asp?ID=566729

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: ~Extended Deck Help Thread~ (1.5 Also Accepted!) 10/26/2005 4:15:09 PM

Okay, back to work.

DrKuMi, as far as the Fairy Fire deck goes, I'd say Naturalize Buy is much better than Tranquility Buy. Overrun Buy is good, butAlpha Status Buy might be better, as it costs less and does much more. Some mana acceleration would be good, too, since you're only running the Gaea's Cradle Buy as far as accel goes.

And why do you have Thornwind Faeries Buy listed? Your deck is mono-green, ditch those for more pump or two more Faerie Noble Buys.

oneill90

RE: Random Comment 10/26/2005 11:52:32 PM

okay, ill guess ill tackle the stasis deck. Since you never responded as to what format they were in, ill just assume you want it in legacy because you have some 5th edition cards.
Now on to the deck. There are 2 ways we can go. I could try to tweek the version you have which is kind of slow for the format, or i could totally revamp it, which is what i intend to do.
Firstly, i would advise that you remove the instilled energy. It just isnt worth it. It is more effective to run some land search in order to find the Forsaken City Buy, rather than run a 2 card combo with BOP which may be hard to find in time. Now we have 2 options. SInce i want to make this deck as fast and consistant as possible, here is what id do. Instead of running the kismet/stasis combo, i would either drop the Kismet Buy completely or only have 2 in and replce the others with Root Maze Buy. This card is amazingly cheap for its effects and will run a lot smoother in this deck. It wont matter if their creatures dont come into play tapped becuase they wont be able to cast them if they cant untap lands. Also, even though this card doesnt give you the advantage of not having things come into play tapped, it wont matter for the win condition that i have prepared for you. So, since we need speed, we need accel b/c speed =acceleration. So, that means + 4 Lotus Petal Buy and + 3-4 Chrome Mox Buy and just to be safe, + 4 Elvish Spirit Guide Buy. Since you are running all this accel and really wont have a late game, i would cut the land count to around 12 so that you generally draw 1-2 lands, but no more. Now, once you get the lock out, you need a win condition. I suggest decking. What i would do is either run Chronatog Buy (oldest trick in the book) or run Dwell on the Past Buy, so that they deck out either by a land slide or just barely before you do.

Now that the core of the deck is made, you need support cards. In this type of deck, you want to run a good deal of counters and search. For search, i would eityher run some Sylvan Scrying Buy or possibly a few Crop Rotation Buy. To find the 2 man combo pieces, run at least 3 Enlightened Tutor Buy. For some backup control and countering, here are a few suggestions:

Mana Leak Buy- Obvious
Counterspell Buy- maybee not the best becuase your playing a tri colored deck.
Arcane Denial {1} - what the hell does card advantage matter if you will have a complete lock within 1 or 2 turns???
Daze Buy- works well if the lock is already set b/c you can just return a land.
Force of Will Buy- this card has become a staple in any legacy deck running {U}.

other possibilities for this deck could include
Land Grant Buy- if you feel the mana base is not too good.
Impulse Buy- a great digger that can pull out what you need in a tight spot.

Obviously, this deck is intended to set the lockdown by at least turn 4, but it is possible to have it earlier. If you want to take a look at my version of this deck, go ahead, its basically identicall to what i just described.
Good luck, and i hope this gave you some ideas.

BTW, StaightJacket: What do you think of the way i try to make the decks better?? Is this acceptable?? MAybee a bit of overkill considering i just basically gave a decklist.

{U}{W}{G} Erayo deck
My Enduring Ideal
{B}{R} Demons/Ogres Deck

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

RE: RE: Random Comment 10/27/2005 11:00:19 AM

If it works for you, and no one complains about it, then it's fine. Keep in mind, a decklist doesn't describe why the changes are necessary, so your method is okay.

Especially in this case, since there was no actual specification as to what he/she wanted fixed.

I don't rip decks apart by habit, though. Only if the person requesting help gives me that option, then it's full steam ahead.

Keep up the good work.

Szdek666

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: ~Extended Deck Help Thread~ (1.5 Also Accepted!) 10/29/2005 1:24:25 AM

hey stright jacket need help with this deck. its mainly landstill with rising waters if u have any suggestions or ideas for the deck please tell me

4 Cloud of Faeries Buy
4 Great Whale Buy
4 Palinchron Buy
4 Peregrine Drake Buy

4 Frantic Search Buy
4 Rewind Buy
4 Snap Buy

4 Propaganda Buy
4 Rising Waters Buy
4 Treachery Buy

20 Island Buy

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: ~Extended Deck Help Thread~ (1.5 Also Accepted!) 10/30/2005 8:38:08 PM

First off, Frantic Search Buy is banned in Extended play, Brainstorm Buy is usually the card of choice for card advantage.

Also, if this is supposed to be Landstill, then I must stress the inclusion of Standstill Buy, as well.

I like the "free-card" idea, props for that.

Based off the decklist, it's hard to make suggestions, since you count on being able to untap lands, but here's what I would suggest for now.

-4 Frantic Search Buy - BANNED
-4 Treachery Buy - Plenty of beatdown already

+4 Brainstorm Buy - Legal card advantage
+4 Standstill Buy - Essential in a Landstill deck

If this is Legacy, you might want to consider using Force of Will Buy, since this is a mono-blue deck.

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

Random Comment 11/9/2005 1:09:26 PM

*bumpity*

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

RE: Random Comment 11/15/2005 5:25:26 PM

Just a couple requests to anyone who wants help with their decks.

Seeing as I am an assistant to both the Vintage and Casual play clinics, if I don't answer here, you can always get my attention there.

Second, when you request help, please specify what you want suggestions on. It's much more efficient, and I hate brainstorming to find out what needs to be changed.

Keep in mind, these are your decks. If you have anything in them that makes them unique, or something you just don't want me to change, let me know, so I can keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

RE: Final Advice needed 11/22/2005 2:24:08 PM

Sorry for the delay.

Red Cycle:
As far as your red deck is concerned, I'd recommend Shard Phoenix Buy or Bloodfire Kavu Buy over Ryusei, the Falling Star Buy, that way, you can control when they go pop, and you can have more than one in play at once, if necessary. Your opponent will be a lot more cautious, since you control their abilities, over Ryusei, which is mana intensive and relies on either you burning it to death (not recommended) or your opponent destroying it.

In Shard Phoenix Buy's case you can also return it to your hand. Shock Buy and maindecking the Flame Burst Buys are also things to consider.

-4 Ryusei, the Falling Star Buy
Sideboarded Volcanic Hammer Buy

+4 Shard Phoenix Buy
Maindecked Flame Burst Buy

White Cycle:
I wouldn't use Privileged Position Buy, as Loxodon Gatekeeper Buy would be much more effective.

In that regard, you could remove your three Renewed Faith Buy in favor of a fourth Wing Shards Buy and two Loxodon Gatekeeper Buy.

-3 Renewed Faith Buy

+1 Wing Shards Buy
+2 Loxodon Gatekeeper Buy

Black Cycle:
I believe I covered this deck in an earlier request of yours.

Green Cycle:
I like this one the way it is, but if I had to refine it, I'd ditch one of the Budoka Gardener Buys for a fourth Kodama's Reach Buy and exchange a Beacon of Creation Buy for a fourth Genju of the Cedars Buy.

-1 Budoka Gardener Buy
-1 Beacon of Creation Buy

+1 Kodama's Reach Buy
+1 Genju of the Cedars Buy

Blue Cycle:
It looks like this is attempting to be a mill deck. This problem is, you really don't have the right cards to make this effective in that regard.

You could use Mahamoti Djinn Buy and Morphling Buy for a creature-based win condition. Or, you could swap out cards for playsets of Helm of Awakening Buy, Eye of Ramos Buy and Sculpting Steel Buy or Copy Artifact Buy. You'll want one more Isochron Scepter Buy, and maybe some Braingeyser Buys or Mind Bomb Buys

Basically the intent with the second build is to play numerous mana-producing artifacts and copy them for free, building up a spell count for your Brain Freeze Buys.

By the way, Valor. I enjoy working with you, and I realize that you are the general head of this forum, but I am in no way your subordinate. You do not demand help from me, you request it.

pazuzu
Bug Hunter

Quote: Emmies
Scariest member 2008, 2009, 2010
Most likely to post intoxicated 2009
Best sig 2010

Random Comment 11/22/2005 5:06:34 PM

what up str8 jacket? o.k. here's the deal, i don't have one started yet but i need a good t1 deck for friday, i have my collection posted (all darksteel) but i also have some tinkers counterspell and the other normal schwaa. just to clarify i don't expect you to make me a deck but some ideas would be appreciated.

my band here.

oneill90

RE: Random Comment 11/22/2005 6:12:33 PM

id love to help, but i just dont have the time right now to look through your whole collection. If you dont mind, give me the run down on a color you might want to go with or an overall plan. Then some cards that you have and we will go from there. Again, i apologize for my apparent laziness but i have some stuff to do.

{U}{W}{G} Erayo deck
My Enduring Ideal
{B}{R} Demons/Ogres Deck

pazuzu
Bug Hunter

Quote: Emmies
Scariest member 2008, 2009, 2010
Most likely to post intoxicated 2009
Best sig 2010

RE: RE: Random Comment 11/23/2005 4:44:13 AM

o.k. all the tournament kids play fast decks so i was thinking of an affinity deck. i'll probably use blue/black. darksteel collossus
with the tinker for sure, broodstar, frogmites, might try some arcbound stuff with either spawning pit or ashnod's altar. i'll see if i can get it figured out and posted so you can see my first draft. thanks for your interest in helping me school some "stats whores"

my band here.

Straightjacket

Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.

RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 11/23/2005 3:36:16 PM

Since I'm on Thanksgiving break, I might as well take a look.

Edit: Let me get this straight, here. You want me to recommend a T1 build for you, using mainly Darksteel cards? That's a tall order, pal.

197 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades