Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > The G String thread (1, 2, ... 8, 9)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Brave Fencer Musashi

Quote: You tell your boyfriend if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't f...... scared of him!

Random Comment 7/7/2006 2:15:52 AM

All you gotta do is find a converter from the guitar jack to the one for your "line in" on the computer, then just obtain a program like Guitar Rig 2, or guitarfx to simulate different amps on your computer.

Alternatively, buy a line 6 guitarport and you are all set Happy.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

brutusis

Quote: "I now belong to a group of Islamic Extremists bent on destroying the very liberties I hold dear. I consider it a somewhat unfortunate turn of events, but I'm sure there's a bright side that I'm missing." -Elfie

Random Comment 7/7/2006 2:51:26 AM

gibson doesn't make guitars that cost less than $900. the one you linked to isn't made by gibson.. that's just best buy mislabeling it. it looks like it's made by baldwin... if you want to pick up a gibson clone though, i've heard good things about Agile guitars.

let me know if the cable thing works.. i might give it a go myself

J ai guru dev a om,
Nothings gonna change my world...

(LK)LKNIGHT

Quote: "Smooth as a mountain goat"-Zakk Wylde

"AA Commercials make me thirsty"

RE: Random Comment 7/7/2006 3:39:14 AM

Quoting brutusis:gibson doesn't make guitars that cost less than $900. the one you linked to isn't made by gibson.. that's just best buy mislabeling it. it looks like it's made by baldwin... if you want to pick up a gibson clone though, i've heard good things about Agile guitars.

let me know if the cable thing works.. i might give it a go myself

yes they do, they're called epiphone which is a smaller company owned by Gibson therfore they do make guitars lass than $900.
--------

spiderchildx

brutusis

Quote: "I now belong to a group of Islamic Extremists bent on destroying the very liberties I hold dear. I consider it a somewhat unfortunate turn of events, but I'm sure there's a bright side that I'm missing." -Elfie

Random Comment 7/8/2006 4:24:39 AM

come on man, you know what i meant. epiphones are epiphones. sure, gibson owns them. but if you try to sell your epiphone, calling it a gibson, you're gonna get punched in the face.

J ai guru dev a om,

(LK)LKNIGHT

RE: Random Comment 7/8/2006 4:28:23 AM

Quoting brutusis:come on man, you know what i meant. epiphones are epiphones. sure, gibson owns them. but if you try to sell your epiphone, calling it a gibson, you're gonna get punched in the face.
By whom? an employee of Epiphone? Grab man, it says Gibson on teh damn thing.
--------

spiderchildx

brutusis

Random Comment 7/9/2006 3:25:47 AM

on most of them, it doesn't. on some, it may say gibson in small writing on the headstock, underneath the larger epiphone logo.

gibson owns a whole shwack of other manufacturers. however, epiphones are generally considered seperate by most players because of the huge leap in quality between the two brands.

J ai guru dev a om,

(LK)LKNIGHT

RE: Random Comment 7/9/2006 5:39:07 AM

Quoting brutusis:on most of them, it doesn't. on some, it may say gibson in small writing on the headstock, underneath the larger epiphone logo.

gibson owns a whole shwack of other manufacturers. however, epiphones are generally considered seperate by most players because of the huge leap in quality between the two brands.
Did you hear about Fender owning Jackson now?
--------

spiderchildx

RatBoy

Quote: [none]

Random Comment 7/9/2006 10:43:43 PM

seems like pretty much everyone plays guitar now. Changing the subject to BASS guitar...

Has anyone had any experience with high end bass guitars? I went to the local guitar center and tried out used warwick thumbs and musicman stingrays and personally i was not impressed. I think (based on guitarcenter's EXCEPTIONAL *sarcasm* quality) that the basses might have been damaged by the previous owner or just had darn ratty strings. Mainly, the tone was tinny and extremely bright, and the strings felt gunky, also for the life of me some of the knobs were not working. Im wondering how a brand new one of these would play. OH and has anyone played an alembic bass before?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pazuzu
Bug Hunter

Quote: Emmies
Scariest member 2008, 2009, 2010
Most likely to post intoxicated 2009
Best sig 2010

RE: Random Comment 7/10/2006 12:32:26 AM

i play a warwick thumb 4. i sweat on it everyweekend on stage, never wax it (yes your supposed to wax them), throw it around, and drop it all the time. and it still sounds Fork Buying killer. i bought it new in '99 for 1500$.

so i'd imagine that the ones you played must've been really messed up. modulus also makes good basses from what i hear.

my band here.

brutusis

Random Comment 7/10/2006 1:02:08 AM

sure, anyone can play guitar. but almost no one can play it properly. tell them to play a Db major7 chord and they look at you like you're speaking japanese. 90% of guitarists just whittle away on a pentatonic scale and manage to impress people. it's hard to find a guitarist who is actually a musician.

also, anyone who can play guitar can easily play bass at a decent level. it doesn't work the other way around.

sorry, i know nothing about nice basses :P

J ai guru dev a om,

SodaGuy

Quote: Sir SodaGuy
Squire of [dish soap]
Whiffer of Fumes

"Why has it all got to be so terribly loud?"

"If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our life would change." -Buddha

RE: Random Comment 7/10/2006 1:15:53 AM

Brut, be on AIM so I can stalk you and stuff.

Elfie

Quote: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

- Edmund Burke

RE: Random Comment 7/10/2006 3:37:04 AM

Quoting brutusis:sure, anyone can play guitar. but almost no one can play it properly. tell them to play a Db major7 chord and they look at you like you're speaking japanese. 90% of guitarists just whittle away on a pentatonic scale and manage to impress people. it's hard to find a guitarist who is actually a musician.

also, anyone who can play guitar can easily play bass at a decent level. it doesn't work the other way around.

Sounds like I've met a worthy opponent.

eMmies 2010: Best Mod
eMmies 2009: Nicest Member, Best Mod, Most Informative Member
eMmies 2008: Most Likely to be Assassinated for Political Reasons
eMmies 2006: Best Mod, Most Politically Active
eMmies 2005: Nicest Member, Most Politically Active
eMmies 2003: Best Newbie

Heretic

Quote: Take me for one last ride

I'm out of my head

Random Comment 7/10/2006 3:44:08 AM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Sextape////||||\\\\You've Seen The Butcher

Rocket Skates (Director's Cut)////||||\\\\Diamond Eyes

brutusis

Random Comment 7/10/2006 3:52:32 AM

pistols at dawn, then?

J ai guru dev a om,

(LK)LKNIGHT

RE: Random Comment 7/10/2006 3:54:02 AM

Quoting brutusis:sure, anyone can play guitar. but almost no one can play it properly. tell them to play a Db major7 chord and they look at you like you're speaking japanese. 90% of guitarists just whittle away on a pentatonic scale and manage to impress people. it's hard to find a guitarist who is actually a musician.

sorry, i know nothing about nice basses :P
sounds like one of those barre chords?

I think you form an e major shape chord first and put your first finger over the 9th fret.

Or i think you can put your first finger over the 4th frets and form an A minor chord. I do not remember too well
--------

spiderchildx

123 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades