Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > The G String thread (1, 2, ... 8, 9)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Elfie

Quote: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

- Edmund Burke

RE: RE: Random Comment 7/10/2006 4:17:49 AM

Quoting (LK)LKNIGHT:sounds like one of those barre chords?

I think you form an e major shape chord first and put your first finger over the 9th fret.

Or i think you can put your first finger over the 4th frets and form an A minor chord. I do not remember too well

There are two ways I know of in the first 12 frets using all six strings.

The first is to barre the fourth with the index, then 5th fret G string with middle, 6th fret B string with pinky and 6th fret D string with ring.

The second is to barre the ninth with the index, then 10th fret D string with middle, 11th fret A string with pinky and 10th fret G string with ring.

eMmies 2010: Best Mod
eMmies 2009: Nicest Member, Best Mod, Most Informative Member
eMmies 2008: Most Likely to be Assassinated for Political Reasons
eMmies 2006: Best Mod, Most Politically Active
eMmies 2005: Nicest Member, Most Politically Active
eMmies 2003: Best Newbie

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

(LK)LKNIGHT

Quote: "Smooth as a mountain goat"-Zakk Wylde

"AA Commercials make me thirsty"

RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 7/10/2006 4:44:16 AM

Quoting Elfie:There are two ways I know of in the first 12 frets using all six strings.

The first is to barre the fourth with the index, then 5th fret G string with middle, 6th fret B string with pinky and 6th fret D string with ring.

The second is to barre the ninth with the index, then 10th fret D string with middle, 11th fret A string with pinky and 10th fret G string with ring.
I did not learn those yet lolHappy.

So do I get a fruit basket or something? I have these fruits and nowhere to put them.
--------

spiderchildx

RatBoy

Quote: [none]

Random Comment 7/11/2006 2:10:24 AM

paz, how does the neck feel on the warwick, and what kind of tone variation can you get one it? Do you think that the warwick would be alright for a jazz environment as well as a heavy rock/metal one? The reason i ask is because im looking into higher end basses for my next bass, and while i play primarily jazz, i also play in hardcore outfits etc in my spare time.

has the tuning ever been a problem for you, does it stay intune or do you find yourself retuning everytime you take it out?

Also adjusting the action on the thing, does it have like a standard scheme or is there a special tool you need to adjust it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

123 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades