Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Magic Disc. & Strategy > The Synergy Page (1, 2, ... 11, 12)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Cry_Havoc

Quote: "I suppose this is where I confess that I've always loved you! But I don't. I really, really don't!"

"modern. the format where you are not allowed to play spells." - Fire Moth

"Bow before Todd!"

"I think if you're going to kill somebody, kill them! Don't stand around talking about it!"

The Synergy Page 7/6/2011 12:50:59 AM

I am creating this page because I have spent over 2 years trying to promote someone to create this section and well no one does. So I am creating it.

Basically as the title states this is the synergy section of EM. This is where people can post till their hearts content synergetic interactions that you want people to see and know about.

Firstly, to make this completely separate from the Combo page of EM (other than it is in the forum section of EM) there needs to be some ground rules.

Definition of Synergy:

When 2 or more cards work well together.

Definition of Combo:

When 2-3 cards produce an end result greater than the sum of its parts and/or creates a unique end result.

Definition of a Deck Strat:

When 2 or more cards work well together but for me to get the most out of that interaction I require a deck specifically built for it.

The reason these both are here because of ground rules:

1) No combos to be posted here. (Combos have a place to be posted already, don’t post them here!)
2) No Deck Strats to be posted here (I have also created a Deck Strat forum here at the same time. Please use that for those)
3) “Preferably” no exact repeats. I understand that if this is used a lot there maybe repeats in the future but please don't aim for this.
4) If there is one you rate the synergy above yours and maybe make a suggestion for improvement (or what works better).
5) After rating and/or suggesting it post your own synergetic interaction or post a card that you’d like someone to find a strong interaction with another card for.
6) Please use etags.

Any further suggestions how to make this better, let me know by PMing me.

EDIT: Because of the number of synergies that have been posted on this thread, to help people search through them for interactions that they may be after there are posts on this thread with the title Archived Synergy.

To search do the following:

1. Go to forum search.
2. In the field "Title" fill it with Archived Synergy
3. In the field "Comments" fill it with the card name you are after. Example: Melira, Sylvok Outcast Buy and wolla, you'll get your synergy you are after from there. (If nothing comes up, it hasn't been added yet).

And if you post something after one of those Archived Synergy posts, please please please change the title of your post to allow for the search function to work.

Thanks

Counterspell Buy = stuff any deck/combo up.
Force of Will Buy = stuff any deck/combo up with the added bonus of yelling out "surprise"!
Remember, nothing in magic is unbeatable.”

Please post your Synergies here:
The Synergy Page
Thank you.

(\__/)
( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

AugDog

Quote: [none]

RE: The Synergy Page 7/7/2011 2:08:02 AM

I'm glad this thread was made, I think it'll help out a lot.

For my contribution:

Darksteel Relic Buy + Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas Buy's -1 ability. A 5/5 indestructible arfifact creature is always nice right?

Cry_Havoc

Quote: "I suppose this is where I confess that I've always loved you! But I don't. I really, really don't!"

"Bow before Todd!"

"I think if you're going to kill somebody, kill them! Don't stand around talking about it!"

RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/7/2011 2:14:10 AM

Quoting AugDog:I'm glad this thread was made, I think it'll help out a lot.

For my contribution:

Darksteel Relic Buy + Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas Buy's -1 ability. A 5/5 indestructible arfifact creature is always nice right?

Yes, I must admit a {2}{U}{B} 5/5 indestructible is nice synergy. I'm gonna give that out of 5 stars. And who said that Darksteel Relic Buy had no use?

Next bit of Synergy:

Vesuva Buy + Cloudpost Buy = double the amount of Cloudpost Buy's to be drawn.

Force of Will Buy = stuff any deck/combo up with the added bonus of yelling out "surprise"!

The Synergy Page
Thank you.

(\__/)

smudge
Bug Hunter

RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/8/2011 8:31:54 PM

Liquimetal Coating Buy + Sylvok Replica Buy + Glissa, the Traitor Buy

Make any creature into an artifact, destroy it with Sylvok Replica Buy, then Glissa, the Traitor Buy returns Sylvok Replica Buy to your hand. So basically every turn it's "{3}{G}: Destroy target creature."

Standard-legal too.

TetrAggressive
Bug Hunter

Quote: Security, or Freedom

"It's impossible to troll the GDF. Not even the mightiest of internet trolls can troll this place. It's literally introllable."
~S12

"I was lucky! My entire family was sick and somehow I avoided it! o_0"
~Sean2K

"That means you're adopted."
~J-n-L

RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/8/2011 8:36:39 PM

That would probably make it on the combo page..

-
My RedBubble profile: All purchases go to a good cause... my college fund.

smudge
Bug Hunter

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/8/2011 8:47:53 PM

Quoting Ereserkia Umezurtz:That would probably make it on the combo page..

I've always wanted to post it, but I figured since it's not infinite, it'd get low marks lol.

edit: why not, I'm gonna put it up there.

edit: it's already there.

Zombiebear666

RE: The Synergy Page 7/10/2011 3:11:34 AM

What about Mirran Crusader + Sword of War and Peace? Protection from 4 colors on a 4/4 with Double Strike, and I think triggering the Sword's ability twice in one shot could be synergystic enough...

Cry_Havoc

"Bow before Todd!"

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/10/2011 10:25:42 PM

Quoting smudge12:

edit: it's already there.

This is very strange feeling,

but yeah, that is really a combo and doesn't really belong here..... Next I'm going to be labeled a synergy nazi....

The Synergy Page
Thank you.

(\__/)

Cry_Havoc

"Bow before Todd!"

RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/10/2011 10:27:53 PM

Quoting Zombiebear666:What about Mirran Crusader Buy + Sword of War and Peace Buy? Protection from 4 colors on a 4/4 with Double Strike, and I think triggering the Sword's ability twice in one shot could be synergystic enough...

Yep, that is synergy.

And yep the triggered ability from the sword will hit off twice, once for the doublestrike damage and once for normal combat damage.

for that one.

Melira, Sylvok Outcast Buy + Phyrexian Hydra Buy or Aboroth Buy or Lichenthrope Buy or Witherscale Wurm Buy = pretty decent synergy.

The Synergy Page
Thank you.

(\__/)

Bug Hunter

RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/11/2011 12:29:30 AM

ooh good one, ah and thanks for posting all the cards melira is good with too.. 3/5

Gelectrode Buy + Elder Mastery Buy + Any Instant (play cheap instants, obvious i know.. Oh and with the addition of phyrexian mana it makes this even better.) when enchanted it reads:

: deal one damage to target player, that player discards two cards.
Whenever you play an instant or sorcery spell you may untap gelectrode.

Keep in mind when you have this on the battlefield once your opponent is in top deck mode it creates a lock all you do is wait to ping your opponent at his draw step, you ping him in response to him drawing eliminating him from being able to play it.. Unless it is an instant or w/ flash.

Righteous Cause

Quote: "Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power, but absolute power is corrupt only in the hands of the absolutely faithful." - Anonymous

RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/11/2011 12:43:42 AM

Is this where I post my Forest Buy + Llanowar Elf ancient technique?

Anyway, i'll post this even though I know it's in vain, the combo page will be swarmed with this soon enough:

Sundial of the Infinite (Artifact for {2}. {1}, : End the turn. Use this ability only during your turn.) + Flickerwisp Buy/Glimmerpoint Stag Buy/ect ect blink effects.

Wait till the "return to play" effect goes on the stack, and end the turn before it resolves, leaving the target forever in oblivion.

Cry_Havoc

"Bow before Todd!"

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/11/2011 1:07:58 AM

Quoting Righteous Cause:Is this where I post my Forest Buy + Llanowar Elf ancient technique?

Anyway, i'll post this even though I know it's in vain, the combo page will be swarmed with this soon enough:

Sundial of the Infinite (Artifact for {2}. {1}, : End the turn. Use this ability only during your turn.) + Flickerwisp Buy/Glimmerpoint Stag Buy/ect ect blink effects.

Wait till the "return to play" effect goes on the stack, and end the turn before it resolves, leaving the target forever in oblivion.

It is clever synergy. However, I foresee Panoptic Mirror Buy/Isochron Scepter Buy + Final Fortune Buy + Sundial of the Infinite out shining that.

The Synergy Page
Thank you.

(\__/)

Righteous Cause

Quote: "Absolute faith corrupts as absolutely as absolute power, but absolute power is corrupt only in the hands of the absolutely faithful." - Anonymous

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/11/2011 5:16:24 PM

True, I suppose my mind is always prioritizing Standard/Extended over Legacy interactions.

Bug Hunter

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Synergy Page 7/11/2011 6:51:06 PM

Gelectrode Buy + Elder Mastery Buy = deals 1 damage to target player, that player discards 2 cards. Whenever you play an instant or sorcery you may untap gelectrode and hit that same player again just Ponder Buy that for a sec.

TetrAggressive
Bug Hunter

Quote: Security, or Freedom

"It's impossible to troll the GDF. Not even the mightiest of internet trolls can troll this place. It's literally introllable."
~S12

"I was lucky! My entire family was sick and somehow I avoided it! o_0"
~Sean2K

"That means you're adopted."
~J-n-L

Random Comment 7/13/2011 5:14:34 AM

Volrath (2) Buy + Omen Machine Buy.

-
My RedBubble profile: All purchases go to a good cause... my college fund.

167 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades