Site Maintenance Warning
We are currently wrapping up the loading process for new sets please do not edit/add to collections or decks. ETA 7/23-26

Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > Just passing through... (1, 2, 3, 4)

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Incestocide

Quote: The wonder of the world is gone and old for sure
All the wonder that I want I've found in her
As a whole becomes a part I strike to burn
An old flame returns.

Good Hmmm, let's see. 10/21/2014 9:12:23 PM

Joined Marines in 2007, been in since. Deployed once in 2010, and again this coming December. Currently doing deployment training in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Uh, oh yeah, got married in 2010, so that's a pretty big deal. Still talk to Zippo occasionally, and found a letter from SodaGuy from when I was in boot camp. Good times. Definitely a nostalgia trip. That rediculous eM Vending Machine, haha. Wow.

Love, your hate. Your, faith lost. You, are now. One, of us.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Rebel7284
ModeratorGuru

Quote: Yeah, i'm better than him at spelling :) ~dragonlair

so mono is a girl.Girls slap.
hehe mono a girly girl. ~dragonlair

The Lord works in mysterious ways, and is a svg virus writer. ~greenmaster

Has anyone ever told you that you sound like a fortune cookie? ~MagDragon89

AIM: Rebel7284

Happy RE: Hmmm, let's see. 10/24/2014 3:03:50 AM

Not sure why this is still my home page as the forum sees about a post a month tops. Happy

The only person from here I talk to regularly still is Kai Briggs's ex-wife. Almost got to meet her in person a few months ago, but out schedules didn't work out. Oh well, such is life!

appletaste

Quote: me: I love you, Dima. You make things happen.
Rebel: Yes, I have a magic stick, whoever rubs it has their wishes come true.

RE: RE: Hmmm, let's see. 11/2/2014 3:00:58 PM

men!!!
i miss you all a lot!!
still remember your apple?

add me on facebook, stay connected.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004452018240&fref=photo

Straightjacket

Quote: I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
I have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

RE: RE: RE: Hmmm, let's see. 1/17/2015 1:39:55 AM

Site says my last post was in 2007. I think I lurked around for a while after, though.

I ending up leaving college and moving to TX before joining the Navy. Been in for about three years, deployed once, and I've been sent on a few short detachments.

I found out that there are a lot of people who play MTG on deployments, so I've picked the game back up again.

Anyway, just saying hey. Be well, all.
http://essentialmagic.com/Forums/Thread.asp?ID=566729

immakiku
ModeratorGuruBug Hunter

Quote: "The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

RE: Hmmm, let's see. 2/4/2015 3:25:55 AM

So... I average about 2 visit a day still. Have been too busy to log on for a while... I was just inventorying my decks and about to play with some new friends Happy
---
"I have returned."

Neophyte

Quote: "Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."

"I am the Eggman, that's what I am
I am the Eggman, I got the master plan"

Cool Sup ya'll 2/27/2015 5:08:39 AM

Ermahgerd I'm not the only one who remembers this place exists.

Does anyone here even play Magic still?

Worthless Koridian! You must be HARDENED with fire! GO, and KILL!

Sean2K

Quote: Kydjibomalistic!

RE: Sup ya'll 2/27/2015 11:44:53 PM

Quoting Neophyte:Ermahgerd I'm not the only one who remembers this place exists.

Does anyone here even play Magic still?

Been playing since August '96! Cool

Neophyte

Quote: "Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."

"I am the Eggman, that's what I am
I am the Eggman, I got the master plan"

RE: RE: Sup ya'll 3/17/2015 9:29:26 AM

Quoting Sean2K:Been playing since August '96! Cool

Are you now or have you ever been a Dojo-decker?

Worthless Koridian! You must be HARDENED with fire! GO, and KILL!

Brave Fencer Musashi

Quote: You tell your boyfriend if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't f...... scared of him!

Random Comment 4/3/2015 8:41:01 PM

Wow...howdy

Sean2K

Quote: Kydjibomalistic!

RE: RE: RE: Sup ya'll 4/7/2015 12:28:18 AM

Quoting Neophyte:[quote=Sean2K]Been playing since August '96! Cool

Are you now or have you ever been a Dojo-decker?[/quote]

No. I mostly play real life Magic although I do have one of the DOTP games on PS3. Cool

Strider

Quote: eM's resident holier-than-thou purveyor of righteous fury since 2002.

Happy Random Comment 4/11/2015 12:13:53 PM

Howdy again, strangers.

Can't believe it's been 18 months already since my little check-in message--I feel like somebody's hit the fast forward button on my existence.

Anyway, the big thing going on at este momento is the fact that since January I've been residing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where I'm working for one of the branches of the United Nations(!). This isn't a permanent gig, thankfully, rather it's my required internship to complete my Master's, which I should be receiving in about a month. After that I'm once again descending into the madness of the job hunt, so who knows what crazy corner of the globe I'll end up. Hopefully somewhere there's at least a bit of moolah to be made.

Anyway, I was extremely bored today (it's quite hot, I don't have a car, and it's not safe to go too far outside) so I got the itch to stop by and wish you chums well.

EDIT: I just realized my signature image is painfully out of date. I'll let it stay in memory of the false hopes I had for Michigan football at the dawn of 2011.

Whatcha gonna do when the Hokemania runs wild on you?
My Tumblr account.

Heretic

Quote: Take me for one last ride

I'm out of my head

RE: Random Comment 4/18/2015 3:02:27 AM

Quoting Strider:Howdy again, strangers.

Can't believe it's been 18 months already since my little check-in message--I feel like somebody's hit the fast forward button on my existence.

Wow, it feels like yesterday I read that post. The days just fly past as you get older.

Quoting Strider:Anyway, the big thing going on at este momento is the fact that since January I've been residing in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, where I'm working for one of the branches of the United Nations(!). This isn't a permanent gig, thankfully, rather it's my required internship to complete my Master's, which I should be receiving in about a month. After that I'm once again descending into the madness of the job hunt, so who knows what crazy corner of the globe I'll end up. Hopefully somewhere there's at least a bit of moolah to be made.

That awesome man, what are you majoring in? What field are you looking at career wise?

Damn, after all this time using the various tags for quotes and links still feels like second nature after all this time.

EDIT: I check in these forums way too often.

Sextape////||||\\\\You've Seen The Butcher

Rocket Skates (Director's Cut)////||||\\\\Diamond Eyes

ItsUmbreon!

Quote: My Catholic School has banned those sexy plaid skirts!
--Strider

Now Strider has nothing to wear.... :)
--AnimaStone

RE: RE: Random Comment 5/4/2015 2:36:06 AM

My god how the times have changed strider. My "favorite Quotes" still has you in it from over a decade ago.
I feel as if I have come a long way from when I was a kid. Since I was 14 I fell in love with a lady who meant the universe to me, she slept around and to spite her I joined the military.. All things considered it was probably one of the greatest decisions in my entire life, and I'd run back to them in a heart beat if I had the chance. When I was 19 I was a pedestrian and I was struck by a 1998 ford taurus. I totalled the car and spent a few weeks in a coma. After I woke up life happened and I received an honorable discharge from the military instead of a med board, developed a drinking problem, lost just about everything, and met my now wife. She picked my ass up by the scruff of my neck, helped me conquer alcoholism, and put me in school. Now at 25 I'm a sophomore in the UK engineering program and I have an expected graduation date of May 2017. I'm very hopeful for the future for the first time in years, and although I am a man who staggers under the burden of his own regrets, I know that in time I will be able to atone for my past sins.
It's strange, I have such a crushing wave of nostalgia every time I get on this website, it is at the same time sentimental and gut wrenching, seeing the remnants of my decks that made it through my 2009 purge; seeing my thoughts and mannerisms on old posts from days long past. I feel as if it would be a good thing to visit this website one last time when I die as an old man (hopefully) many many years from now, just to get this nostalgia one last time.
I often wonder if the reason why we no longer visit the site with such zeal is because of the power shift that has happened in magic cards over the years. With this shift, cards become more and more powerful and our lust for the game and all aspects of that game simply diminish. Why try to break a format when you can simply get on starcitygames and net deck something that works. There's only so much we can say to each other when we break our own arms jerking ourselves off about how incredible our splinter twin combo worked at our local game store.
Alas, I must get back to calculus so I don't fail all of my finals tomorrow, but I do in the very least try to check the website a few times a week. I know it's dead, but death has never bothered me; I know life will come from death, even if it starts with something simple like me posting a type 4 decklist for a new player to get excited about. We have truly passed the torch on to a generation of stagnation.
-Lucas

smudge
Bug Hunter

Quote: [none]

RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 5/13/2015 12:00:43 PM

Hi...

...bye.

Axel

Quote: So, finally I go over and I open the door and just as I suspected
It's some big fat hermaphrodite with a Flock-Of-Seagulls haircut and only one nostril
Oh man, I hate it when I'm right -Weird Al

Sig by Deathworks

RE: Random Comment 5/15/2015 10:38:33 PM

Hey everyone just stopped to say hello. Can I jump on the nostalgia bandwagon? Firstly, I am posting to the gdf on a cell phone something I would have never imagined. It's comforting to hear how each of you found solace in this place, I echo that sentiment. As a lonely 12 year old growing into an awkward teenager you were my guys. I still sometimes bring up the forum I used to haunt. Love you guys keep it real

55 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades