Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > Newbie need Help with his Deck

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Miriasus

Quote: [none]

Sorry Newbie need Help with his Deck 11/4/2013 6:20:30 PM

Hallo

http://www.essentialmagic.com/decks/View.asp?ID=995951

i built this Deck together with a Friend. We erecently started playing MTG so were yet Newbies. The Deck work Desrptopn is included in the Deck Page. My Basic Problem is: I keep loosing although i find the Concept not bad. I think one main Weakness is the relativley small amount of Creatures and maybe my Manacurve is not that good. As said im yet a newbie so i would Appreciate any help i can get, even if said so, to throw the idea away ^^.

Thanks a lot Anyways,

Miriasus

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Brute Conquest
Bug Hunter

Quote: "Knowledge is Power. Wisdom is Superpower."

"Everything in the Multiverse can be explained by either Physics or Magic."

RE: Newbie need Help with his Deck 11/7/2013 1:37:08 AM

Quoting Miriasus:Hallo

http://www.essentialmagic.com/decks/View.asp?ID=995951

i built this Deck together with a Friend. We erecently started playing MTG so were yet Newbies. The Deck work Desrptopn is included in the Deck Page. My Basic Problem is: I keep loosing although i find the Concept not bad. I think one main Weakness is the relativley small amount of Creatures and maybe my Manacurve is not that good. As said im yet a newbie so i would Appreciate any help i can get, even if said so, to throw the idea away ^^.

Thanks a lot Anyways,

Miriasus

I tried accessing your deck through its link, but I guess it's not viewable to the public. Kindly edit its settings first, before anyone can give you feedback.

Miriasus

RE: RE: Newbie need Help with his Deck 11/7/2013 9:28:23 AM

Thanks a lot, didnt notice the public function. Now it should be viewable.

Brute Conquest
Bug Hunter

Quote: "Knowledge is Power. Wisdom is Superpower."

"Everything in the Multiverse can be explained by either Physics or Magic."

RE: RE: RE: Newbie need Help with his Deck 11/10/2013 10:56:10 PM

Quoting Miriasus:Thanks a lot, didnt notice the public function. Now it should be viewable.

I have seen your deck, and a have many suggestions to improve it:

1) Make your that all your cards stick to one theme, which as you said is "putting cards from your opponent's library into his/her graveyard." This strategy is popularly known as "milling" or "grinding". There are many cards in Standard (Type II) right now that fits this theme. You have to choose which ones actually appeal to you.

2) I suggest that you make your deck consistent by including sets (four pieces) of cards in it. Right now most of your cards only has one copy in the deck, others are two copies, while some are three copies. By including four copies of each of your important cards, you make the deck more solid and its pieces more synergistic with each other.

3) Include more creatures that can "mill" or "grind" your opponent, and less spells that are unrelated to that theme. Maybe use Nightveil Spectre and Crosstown Courier Buy as the cornerstones of your deck. This ensures that you have a standard army of attackers, which likewise carry out your theme efficiently.

4) Curse of the Bloody Tome Buy and Jace's Erasure Buy are great, since they regularly "mill" or "grind" your opponents. Include maybe two or three copies of each of them.

That's it for now. Once you have reconstructed your deck, try to play with it and see if there are things to be adjusted further. The best way to check is by experimenting on it. Good Luck Good

tannerwilk

RE: Newbie need Help with his Deck 4/16/2014 6:52:09 PM

Any deck could use more mana, so feel free to add some if needed. I'm guessing your few creatures are powerful (high power, toughness) so that means your problem is getting the mana. Regardless of if you love the cards, you need to have some weaker/ cheaper creatures so that you can have something out in 3 or fewer turns. I hope I helped.

ValorsDream

Quote: ZombieSwordfish
-You can't force total chaos, nublet.
Me
-I'm half way there.
bonZai
-*Screeches*

Me
-How is this for a rhetorical question?
Badger of Aisa!
-Damn good.

Super callused, extra fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.

RE: Newbie need Help with his Deck 8/2/2014 3:36:38 AM

I would echo the comments of Brute Conquest to start.

You need to stick to the theme of your deck first and foremost, instead of trying to do everything at once.
having four Rewind Buy's is also a good advantage for you and opens additional resources to your deck.

After looking at your deck here is what I recommend:

4 Dreadwaters Buy
4 Rewind Buy
4 Thought Scour Buy
4 Jace's Erasure Buy
4 Curse of the Bloody Tome Buy

Replace Cancel Buy with Counterspell Buy; if this is still legal for legacy.
______________________________________________Sig below this line_____________________
Need tips for unique legacy deck

6 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades