Site Maintenance Warning
We are currently wrapping up the loading process for new sets please do not edit/add to collections or decks. ETA 7/23-26

Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > My First deck build! Help Please!

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
VividSnow

Quote: [none]

Sad My First deck build! Help Please! 4/16/2014 4:42:26 PM

Hey,

I have only been playing Magic for about a month. I have purchased all my cards from the most recent block/core set and I decided it would be easier for me to learn the game by focusing on one color. So I have built a mono-green deck focused on mana-ramping ( I think ). If anyone could take a look at my deck and give me their opinions it would be much appreciated. Perhaps I could cut down on so many creatures and increase multiples of certain ones?

Deck-link - http://essentialmagic.com/decks/View.asp?ID=1009881

thank you in advance!

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

tannerwilk

RE: My First deck build! Help Please! 4/16/2014 10:38:00 PM

since it is a mono deck, you could use more green mana. Spellwise you could use more sorcery spells that would benefit your creatures like boost their P/T. Most of the creatures have decent P/T and don't cost to much, but sinse you'll add mana, put in one or two "big ones" for later in the game. Also don't hesitate to have some really cheap mana creatures for the beginning. I hope I help

VividSnow

Happy RE: RE: My First deck build! Help Please! 4/17/2014 12:23:56 AM

Thank you Tanner! You did help! I do think I could use a few more low cost creatures that's a good idea. Do you know of any real big green creatures that you'd like to suggest for later in the game?

Rex420

Quote: "I need a caravan, it's for me mah." -Mickey O'Neil

RE: RE: RE: My First deck build! Help Please! 7/8/2014 12:14:22 AM

Vorapede is good for late game and it's cheap, you want to look for something that has good P/T and can maybe still do something extra, like heroic or tribute.

Rex420

Quote: "I need a caravan, it's for me mah." -Mickey O'Neil

RE: My First deck build! Help Please! 7/8/2014 1:00:39 AM

Oh yeah and kidormas reach and wild growth for mana.

simondiamond2012
Artice Submitter

RE: My First deck build! Help Please! 7/9/2014 12:46:49 AM

Quoting VividSnow:Hey,

I have only been playing Magic for about a month. I have purchased all my cards from the most recent block/core set and I decided it would be easier for me to learn the game by focusing on one color. So I have built a mono-green deck focused on mana-ramping ( I think ). If anyone could take a look at my deck and give me their opinions it would be much appreciated. Perhaps I could cut down on so many creatures and increase multiples of certain ones?

thank you in advance!

I have tried clicking on the URL, but the deck is not showing up; instead the computer is attempting to recognize me as someone trying to edit the deck through your account.

If you are willing to post a deck list here, I'm sure I can come up with something.

Depending on how much you are willing to spend money wise, and for what purpose this deck is for (aside from casual), I would suggest the following...

I've seen that you've mentioned mono Green being the deck color. From here, I would suggest Dungrove Elder Buy plus anything that provides haste.

I would include the following haste mechanics, since I assume this is 60 card MTG we're talking...

Swiftfoot Boots Buy
Lightning Greaves Buy
Chariot of Victory Buy

As for creatures, I would suggest the following...
Skinshifter Buy
Birds of Paradise Buy
Thragtusk Buy
Dungrove Elder Buy
Wolfbriar Elemental Buy

As for card draw, I would suggest...
Hunter's Insight Buy
Harmonize Buy
Wildsize Buy
Lammastide Weave Buy

finally for ramping, here's what I suggest...
Kodama's Reach Buy
Cultivate Buy
Rampant Growth Buy
Explore Buy
Khalni Heart Expedition Buy

There are cards in green that will let you destroy artifacts/enchantments, and will allow you to bring cards back from the graveyard. Search for them on:

www.magiccards.info or gatherer.wizards.com

Either site will work. Write back if you have any more questions.

ValorsDream

Quote: ZombieSwordfish
-You can't force total chaos, nublet.
Me
-I'm half way there.
bonZai
-*Screeches*

Me
-How is this for a rhetorical question?
Badger of Aisa!
-Damn good.

Super callused, extra fragile mystic hexed with halitosis.

RE: My First deck build! Help Please! 8/2/2014 3:19:11 AM

Quoting VividSnow:Hey,

thank you in advance!

For some reason I can't see your deck through the link you provided. It is pointing to the edit section of the deck creator.
I have been playing for a good four years and would love to help you out.
______________________________________________Sig below this line_____________________
Need tips for unique legacy deck

7 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades