Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > Casual Mill

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
R.C.

Quote: [none]

Casual Mill 7/27/2014 3:14:26 AM

Hey guys! I am having some trouble. I'm a bit new to magic, but it have a bunch of cards a friend gave me. I could use some help on a mill deck I'm working on. I have a few good cards that might fit in, but I don't know if they are worth replacing anything I have already in the deck.

Trauma 2.4

Please let me know if you think of anything! I don't have access to many Magic cards or a game shop nearby. So as far as adding cards goes, what I have on the Maybeboard is about all I have to add to the deck.

Thanks again!
Check out my Mill Deck! Big Blue

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

simondiamond2012
Artice Submitter

Quote: [none]

RE: Casual Mill 7/29/2014 2:03:14 AM

One interaction I'd like to see for your deck is the following:

Halimar Excavator Buy + Rite of Replication Buy

Because the copies of halimar excavator see each other enter the field simultaneously,
the net result is a mill of 180 cards.

Here's the math, not counting the original milling of one card:

1 h.e. present sees the other 5 enter, so 5 cards milled, initially...
then, the 5 that entered from R.O.R. kicked see the first one plus itself, so 6 get milled...
that's 6 per instance of seeing the others enter as well...

total result is the number mentioned...

Original + (# of allies * # of excavators that are triggered * # of excavators that enter the battlefield)

1 + (6 times 6 times 5) = 181 cards total milled.

...also, for counterspells, I would also suggest Rewind Buy, Arcane Denial Buy, and Foil Buy.
Rewind untaps four lands, and Foil is a cheap and free counterspell by discarding an Island and another card of your choice.
Boomerang is a nice bounce spell for two blue at instant speed...
Hedron Crab should be at least 3 if not 4 of in a deck like this as well; with cards like Terramorphic Expanse and Evolving Wilds,
you're getting 6 cards milled for each Crab on the field; that translates to 24 cards milled per fetch land.

Would like to see 2 more Halimar Depths in order to help with deck stacking.

Keening Stone could be a good game ender, but be careful for any of the major Eldrazis such as Kozilek, Ulamog, or Emrakul.

Also, don't be afraid to proxy cards if you need to.

That's my 2 cents.

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

2 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades