Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Deck Help > Need help with 2 vs 1

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Orgasmatron

Quote: The evil that men do lives on and on!!!!

Sad Need help with 2 vs 1 3/3/2015 4:42:23 PM

Hi, I usually play MTG with my best friend and his GF, we play Vintage even though no one has power, we usually restrict to cards below $30 or $40, but the main problem is that since they are a couple, the usual situation is they both team up to get rid of me, and they they battle each other, and it's starting to piss me off.

My friend has several decks, however this are the ones he use the most (in that order)

1. A turboland, runing mishra's factory, faerie conclaves, horn of greed, explorations, cobras, etc. He wins by playing many lands, keeps control through Isochron Scepter + boomerang or counterspell, drawing with the horns, and using a 5 mana sorcery for extra turns that I can't remember the name right now

2. A very aggresive goblin deck, with piledivers, goblin king, matron, lackey, etc.

3. A 4C Sliver deck with mostly old scourge slivers

4. A MBC discard deck runing Liliana's Caress, Hypnotic Spectre, Hymn to Tourach, Meigrim, memory Jar, etc.

His GF usually uses her Red Burn deck.

What kind of deck can I assemble to try to stand the 2 vs 1 beating until I can get rid of one of them at least?

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Hexyl

Quote: Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

RE: Need help with 2 vs 1 3/4/2015 4:46:11 PM

Instead of trying to create and use a deck to beat 2 opponents at once, which is rather difficult to do consistently in a regular 3 player game, I would rather try to discuss the issue with them. Try to explain how frustrating the whole ganging up issue is for you.

In my group, we had some players which were playing unfair decks and they toned them down after we complained about it. If your friends can't understand your point, or won't change their attitude, maybe you can find another group to play with?

So that's my suggestion, good luck!

MagestoneMagus

Quote: LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

Sorry RE: Need help with 2 vs 1 3/18/2015 6:59:48 PM

Go after the GF.
Always take her out first.
Burn and land destruction are the most unfair ways to get a point across.
Maybe invite a ringer of your own.
Talking is the best way to keep your "friend" but if that fails remove the weakest link.
Good luck Good
----------------------------------------
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

LiDiZo

Quote: "Let them hate, as long as they fear."

Cool Random Comment 3/25/2015 4:57:57 PM

Hey brother! Was browsing the forums n saw your thread, I know just how you feel. I agree, I would talk to your friend about the unnecessary aggression. Or what I did in my case, was made a freakishly fast/powerful affinity deck. I can sympathize with the urge to beat them out. Nothing says "knock it off" like crushing both your opponents almost every game, but usually it just sows animosity. Hope things work out for you!

LiD

craig

Quote: [none]

Sorry Random Comment 1/11/2016 2:18:37 PM

So you need a deck with board wipes that is resistant to discard and has life gain. I think a W/G control deck is in order. Green dudes with life gain effects that mitigate discard like obstinate baloth. And day of judgment effects to reset the board.

5 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades