Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > Essential Magic Version 6, Haste - User Survey

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
jerry
ModeratorStaff MemberArtice Submitter

Quote: [none]

eM Essential Magic Version 6, Haste - User Survey 5/21/2015 5:29:31 PM

As mentioned previously here's the survey for the next release of Essential Magic, version 6 (Haste). It is very important to me that all users - active and inactive - fill out the below survey so we can make eM even better!

Any input on additional questions will be appreciated. Please expect addtional surveys in the future as we narrow our scope and improve development focus!

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Hexyl

Quote: Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

RE: Essential Magic Version 6, Haste - User Survey 5/21/2015 5:38:13 PM

Finally, some new stuff coming up! Can't wait to see!

Thanks for keeping this site alive!

Hexyl

PS: I filled out the survey and forgot to mention one thing. I would suggest, if possible, to enable a deck search which contains more than one card (two ideally) which would help find decks based around a certain theme or combo.

jerry
ModeratorStaff MemberArtice Submitter

eM RE: RE: Essential Magic Version 6, Haste - User Survey 5/23/2015 1:53:11 AM

Great comment! That's something we were already thinking, glad it's being asked for.

I foresee more surveys coming to flesh out specific sections - Decks, Collections, Card Search, etc as Ideas and answers roll in. Smaller more concise surveys.

bjohanson1234

RE: RE: RE: Essential Magic Version 6, Haste - User Survey 5/23/2015 11:01:48 AM

I also filled out the survey. Hope the comments I made were helpful. Good luck on the redesign!!!

Exar Kun

RE: Essential Magic Version 6, Haste - User Survey 6/7/2015 6:47:34 AM

Filled out the survey! Excited to see what you guys come up with.
========================================================
My Trade Thread

MagestoneMagus

Quote: LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

Good Re: Survey 7/3/2015 4:29:38 PM

Cool survey.
Eager to see prices for membership.
----------------------------------------
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

Hexyl

Quote: Is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

RE: Re: Survey 8/18/2015 7:01:06 PM

Hi Jerry

Just wondering if the survey has been filled out by a sufficient number of users, also when can we expect to have the Beta version available for testing?

Thanks!

Unicron

Survey 9/1/2015 9:23:46 AM

Here's what I like about eM.

Collection:
Quick uploading of cards using the excel format. Sure the Binder feature is okay, but, ultimately I think it's a preference thing. I prefer simple sh!t.
Search Options
Showing how many from what set I have. I have multiple (Insert card here), and I store them by set/color/Collector Number. It is really nice to see that I have 2 from this set, 3 from this set and 1 from this set for when I build decks or need to find something fast.

Decks:
Ability to bounce # of cards of owned.
Statistics
Legality

Combos:
I used to search them back in the day, but not so much anymore.

Forums:
Ummm....Oldschool BB type interface?

Articles:
Haven't read any from here in a LONG time.

Rules:
Nope...

eM:
Literally clicked it for the first time making this post.

What could be improved:
Slicker interface.
API's from Prices. Sometimes I just don't need to know what 87 stores are selling it for.
Faster integration of Sets/Cards/etc. Other websites are having full sets up either prior to, or immediately after the PreRelease.
Ad placement/system. Doubles of some adds literally 2 inches from each other.

Overall Verdict:
Got a lot of catching up to do. THIS is your competition. If you want to beat them at this game, take the best of what they have to offer, and put it together. Steal from every single one of these sites.

echomtg.com (Probably my favorite. If they had a better collection updater/tracker, and not force you to pay, I would've stopped using this site.)
deckedbuilder.com/
tcgplayer.com/collection
deckbox.org
mtgcollectionbuilder.com
mtgportfolio.com
mtgtracker.com
mtgprice.com

Ultimately, This was one of the original Search engine/Collection Tracker/Deck builder websites around.
Don't let it die like this.
Don't alienate the people who still use it.
If you don't love this site as much as you used to, give it to someone who does.

11 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades