Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Discussion (Off-Topic) > Masterful delay

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Raider
Bug Hunter

Quote: Get that weak stuff outta here

Masterful delay 6/8/2015 4:44:43 PM

I hate being "that guy", but the new Modern Masters has been available for purchase since late May. I'm sure I'm not the only person here that has cards to record. I'm just looking for an update about when to expect to see the new Modern Masters added to Essential Magic's database.
my decks need attention

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Raider
Bug Hunter

RE: Masterful delay 6/10/2015 5:40:42 PM

I made that last post with an eye at the fact that the first Modern Masters set is in the database. What's holding up the new set's addition?
my decks need attention

MagestoneMagus

Quote: LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

Idea RE: delay 7/3/2015 4:32:56 PM

I think there are more important glitches for the programmers to attend.
http://essentialmagic.com/Forums/Thread.asp?ID=818239&StartAt=1#Post818239
----------------------------------------
LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!!!

Raider
Bug Hunter

RE: RE: delay 7/8/2015 9:58:03 PM

It seems to me that the EM staff has given up on this version of the site. It looks like they are devoting all their attention to the next version and form of the site.
my decks need attention

Graffinius

Quote: [none]

RE: RE: RE: delay 7/13/2015 12:03:27 AM

is there an easy way to import my card list (that I exported from this site) to another site (adding all of my cards to another site one by one is just not an option)? I love essentialmagic, but if everything has come to a halt, I'd like to continue cataloging and deck building somewhere else, until EM is updated; not to mention the hours we've invested adding our collections.

thelaughingtree

RE: RE: RE: RE: delay 7/17/2015 9:44:04 PM

Hi Graff,
I see that you can download your collection as a CSV file. As I understand, that type if file is compatible with excellent spreadsheet although I am not an expert and have not tinkered with it. But that would be the way that I see.
What I want to know is what site are you looking to for a replacement? I am trying to be patient with this site, but as time goes on it is going to be harder to stay on top of things. I see that there is the Magic Assistant, but does anyone know how that is? I like em because I don't have to sit at my computer to use it - I can use it on my phone or tab. Is magic assistant a downloadable program (a glorified excell)? Or is it web based so I can use it on multiple devices?
I would be interested in hearing what other options are available, or if people are sticking it out here, are the em developers still moving forward or is this a dead duck? This place is like a ghost town compared to what it had been just a year ago. Mtg hasn't gone away - what's going on?

Graffinius

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: delay 7/17/2015 10:37:28 PM

Yup, I've got my cards exported to a spreadsheet. I'm wondering if there is another site like this where I might be able to upload my spreadsheet so u don't have to re-enter my cards one by one. It took weeks to do.
The program you mentioned, I believe you have to pay for it. You can download a trial Which indid. Incedently I got a virus :/

Raider
Bug Hunter

Random Comment 8/1/2015 7:52:05 PM

I see that Origins got added to the database; thank you for that. A new question I have for the EM staff is: is there any intention to add the Modern Masters 2 set? Or is that just going to be skipped?
my decks need attention

jerry
ModeratorStaff MemberArtice Submitter

RE: Random Comment 8/3/2015 6:56:44 PM

Hey Raider,

I never got an email concerning this post getting posted so I never saw it come through.

I just answered your question on another post:

As I mentioned in previous posts we're only sticking to core (origins being the last one, sorta) and standard expansions for updates to the DB. This is because the process to update the eM DB is so delicate and well a bit old that not only does it take 48-72hrs there's a lot of behind the scenes maintenance and clean-up that needs to happen. To do all of that per set - including sets only used by less than 5-8% of the user base - is a bit of a hassle.

Now I agree with you there is value of loading all sets of cards in the DB and in the new release of eM we plan on doing that, but for right now for the purposes of basic collection/searching/gameplay we're sticking to expansions and cores.

Unicron

RE: RE: Random Comment 8/6/2015 4:53:45 AM

Tell me if I'm reading this correctly.

On THIS Version of eM, only block sets will be input into the database.

In V6, all sets will be added to the database.

Or, will the continuation of not inputting 'special' sets continue into V6? No more Modern Masters/Conspiracy/Unhinged/Unglued etc. etc.

jerry
ModeratorStaff MemberArtice Submitter

eM RE: RE: RE: Random Comment 8/14/2015 5:08:25 PM

V6 will have all sets including Modern Masters/Conspiracy/Unhinged/Unglued etc.

Our goal is to be the number one source for MTG cards and rebuild the database to its glory days. This means including online and printed sets, promos, one-offs, and more. The MTG data is really intriguing to us and we want to and explore a lot of it.

11 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades