Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > General Magic Disc. & Strategy > Planeswalker Spark

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
MiloXyunto

Quote: "Live long and prosper."

Question Planeswalker Spark 9/23/2015 3:28:43 PM

I'm looking for some diehard fans of the lore of Magic. I would love to know how a planeswalker gets their spark, or what a spark even is. Someone said a planeswalker could get it from an artifact, while other sources say someone can be born with one.

so my question is about the lore more so than the game. What is a planeswalker Spark, and how do they attain it?

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Mallys
Guru

Quote: [none]

RE: Planeswalker Spark 9/23/2015 7:00:10 PM

Basically, the spark is a latent power that a fractional percentage of sentient beings are randomly born with. Sparks can be transferred, but not created, and generally only other planeswalkers can sense them. Of those born with a spark, a fractional percentage of those can be triggered, usually through some great trauma or near-death experience, and in the case they do, you end up with a planeswalker; in the old days, these characters were near-godlike in ability.

All the above, in general, pertains mainly to continuity prior to the events of the Time Spiral block story. Now, planeswalkers tend to just be significantly powerful mages who are still able to planeswalk in one way or another.

Most of this information came from the MTG Salvation wiki, and I'm sure you can find some more elaboration if you look around a bit, especially with some of the important characters, like Teferi and Jhoira.
--------------------
Comprehensive Rules --- Gatherer --- Tournament Rules

MiloXyunto

Quote: "Live long and prosper."

RE: Planeswalker Spark 9/24/2015 1:06:59 PM

I know this is going to sound lame streets, but there are limiters and filters on the computers I use, and the link you posted is blocked. I've tried looking elsewhere, and normally I can find my answers on the internet, but sadly I am forced to ask the question here.

3 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades