Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Rules Questions > Aether Revolt

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Pshel

Quote: [none]

Aether Revolt 1/25/2017 9:06:32 PM

Can I Enchant Gonti's Aether Heart(Artifact) with Mechanized Production and Exiling the copy as soon as it comes into play causing the Heart's effect to work? The Heart is Legendary.

Assuming I have more energy from somewere and can pay the cost for the effect.

Ps How can you search the card data for energy symbols?

Thanks

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Mallys
Guru

Quote: [none]

RE: Aether Revolt 1/26/2017 12:30:21 AM

Quoting Pshel:Can I Enchant Gonti's Aether Heart(Artifact) with Mechanized Production and Exiling the copy as soon as it comes into play causing the Heart's effect to work? The Heart is Legendary.

Assuming I have more energy from somewere and can pay the cost for the effect.

Ps How can you search the card data for energy symbols?

Thanks

Gonti's Aether Heart
Mechanized Production

If your goal is to create a copy of the Heart, exile the copy for an extra turn, and retain the original to rinse and repeat the process, you're out of luck.

When Mechanized Production's copy ability resolves and creates a token copy of the Heart, a few things are going to happen in sequence. The original's and the copy's triggered abilities both trigger. The ability finishes resolving, but before you get priority (and are able to activate abilities), the game performs state-based actions. That includes dealing with multiple copies of identically-named legendary permanents. So you'll have to put all but one in their owners' graveyards. Once that's done, triggered abilities get put on the stack, and then you'll regain priority. However, by the time you do, you'll only have the one Heart to work with.

As far as searching for energy cards, it's uncertain until the set is added to the database. It's possible searching for "energy" in rules text will pick cards up by reminder text; an alternative may be to find {E} or something similar, since that's the plain-text version of the energy symbol (as {T} is for the tap symbol).
--------------------
Comprehensive Rules --- Gatherer --- Tournament Rules

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

2 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades