Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Rules Questions > Funeral Charm: Which Printing for Modern?

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Bewildered_Kobold

Quote: [none]

Funeral Charm: Which Printing for Modern? 1/26/2017 6:24:05 PM

I've been prepping a deck for my first Modern tournament and have a little confusion on if a printing of a card is legal for the format. Funeral Charm was printed in Visions and Time Spiral "Timeshifted" which Visions is not legal in Modern but Time Spiral is legal from my knowledge.

Can I still use the Visions printing in my Modern deck or do I have to have the Time Spiral printing of the card to be tournament legal?

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Mallys
Guru

Quote: [none]

RE: Funeral Charm: Which Printing for Modern? 1/26/2017 11:33:27 PM

Quoting Bewildered_Kobold:I've been prepping a deck for my first Modern tournament and have a little confusion on if a printing of a card is legal for the format. Funeral Charm was printed in Visions and Time Spiral "Timeshifted" which Visions is not legal in Modern but Time Spiral is legal from my knowledge.

Can I still use the Visions printing in my Modern deck or do I have to have the Time Spiral printing of the card to be tournament legal?

If a card is legal in a given format, any white- or black-bordered printing of that card is legal to play in that format. From the tournament rules:

Quoting Tournament Rules:6.1 Deck Construction Restrictions

[...]

A card may only be used in a particular format if the card is from a set that is legal in that format or has the same name as a card from a set that is legal in that format. Masterpiece Series cards may only be played in formats where the card is already legal.

--------------------
Comprehensive Rules --- Gatherer --- Tournament Rules

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

2 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades