Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Rules Questions > portcullis question

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
Rico

Quote: "Prophecy is whatever one makes of it, but destiny cannot be changed."

portcullis question 10/27/2017 9:35:21 AM

I've got a question about Portcullis Buy.

I'm wondering how it works when the creatures who are removed come back. For example a creature like Hunted Horror Buy. When it comes into play an opponent get's the centaurs. When there already where two other creatures in play when te Horror comes into play, the horror leaves play due to portcullis.
Then the portcullis is destroyed (because of a disenchant for example). Does the Horror realy comes into play again and does an opponent got two centaurs? Or does the Horror comes back to play without the come into play effect(the Portcullis is not very clear about come into play when itself leaves play)?

I hope someone can help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Greetz,
Rico

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Mallys
Guru

Quote: [none]

RE: portcullis question 10/28/2017 3:20:02 AM

Quoting Rico:I've got a question about Portcullis Buy.

I'm wondering how it works when the creatures who are removed come back. For example a creature like Hunted Horror Buy. When it comes into play an opponent get's the centaurs. When there already where two other creatures in play when te Horror comes into play, the horror leaves play due to portcullis.
Then the portcullis is destroyed (because of a disenchant for example). Does the Horror realy comes into play again and does an opponent got two centaurs? Or does the Horror comes back to play without the come into play effect(the Portcullis is not very clear about come into play when itself leaves play)?

When Portcullis Buy leaves the battlefield, all cards its ability removed will come back to the battlefield, and any "enter the battlefield" triggered abilities will trigger; that includes the one on Hunted Horror Buy.

A few random notes:

- When a card is "returned to the battlefield," it will "enter the battlefield" as well, that is, it goes from not being on the battlefield to being there. Most abilities will trigger just the same as if you'd cast it from your hand.

- Just in case (as it isn't clear from your initial scenario), the centaurs are also creatures, so when Hunted Horror Buy hits the battlefield, if Portcullis Buy will remove it, then it will also exile the centaurs (assuming it remains on the battlefield), but they'll cease to exist and won't later return.
--------------------
Comprehensive Rules --- Gatherer --- Tournament Rules

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

2 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades