Essential Magic > Forums Homepage > Rules Questions > Exile my Kruphix?

! You are not logged in, so you will not be able to post to this thread or reply to any posts. We suggest that you Log In before proceeding.
Posted By Post Title Date Posted
forsher43

Quote: [none]

Question Exile my Kruphix? 7/8/2015 11:42:16 PM

If I tap all my manna at the end step and I have Kruphix, god of the horizons out, can my opponent wait until the mana becomes colorless and then play in instant to exile my Kruphix? (at the end step or cleanup step)?

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

Mallys
Guru

Quote: [none]

RE: Exile my Kruphix? 7/8/2015 11:51:42 PM

Quoting forsher43:If I tap all my manna at the end step and I have Kruphix, god of the horizons out, can my opponent wait until the mana becomes colorless and then play in instant to exile my Kruphix? (at the end step or cleanup step)?

Kruphix, God of Horizons Buy

Maybe.

If you float some amount of mana during the end step, the mana will remain colored for the remainder of the step. As the end step ends, mana pools empty (and in your case, the mana becomes colorless instead).

During the cleanup step, the mana will still be in your pool and will be colorless. Your opponent will generally not be able to do anything about it during this step, though. Normally, players don't gain priority during the cleanup step (so nobody can do anything). However, during the process of removing marked damage and ending "until end of turn" effects and the like, some state-based actions may be performed (maybe a pump-spell wore off of a creature with -1/-1 counters or something that would cause it to have zero toughness), or there may be an ability that triggers during the cleanup step; if that happens, then players gain priority to cast spells and activate abilities.
--------------------
Comprehensive Rules --- Gatherer --- Tournament Rules

Reply to this post     Quote this post        

2 matching items were found.    Currently Viewing

The comments and opinions expressed here are those of Essential Magic users and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Essential Magic itself. Essential Magic cannot be held liable for physical or emotional damage or losses caused by any of the comments expressed in these open forums.

Join Free!
Login
LogOff

User Search
Clans
Advertising
Contact Us
My Homepage
My Profile
My Combos
My Decks
My Trades